The Staff Selection Commission conducts the SSC CGL exam annually and across the country, aspirants look forward to applying for the exam to secure a job in the Government sector.
Candidates who wish to apply for the SSC CGL have to appear for 4 stages of the exams like any other government exams.
- SSC CGL Tier I
- SSC CGL Tier II
- SSC CGL Tier III, and
- SSC CGL Tier IV
Recently, the commission released the SSC CGL Result for the Tier I exam conducted in March 2020. Candidates who will be able to qualify in all the stages of the SSC CGL exam will get shortlisted for various Group B & Group C posts in different categories under the Indian Government.
The important posts under which candidates are recruited through SSC CGL Examination are:
|SSC CGL Posts||Classification||Department/Ministry|
|Assistant Audit Officer||Group “B” Gazetted (Non-Ministerial)||Indian Audit & Accounts Department under C&AG|
|Assistant Accounts Officer||Group “B” Gazetted (Non-Ministerial)||Indian Audit & Accounts Department under C&AG|
|Assistant Section Officer||Group “B”||Central Secretariat Service, Intelligence Bureau, Ministry of Railway, Ministry of External Affairs, AFHQ|
|Assistant||Group “B”||Other Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations|
|Inspector of Income Tax||Group “C”||CBDT|
|Inspector (Central Excise)||Group “B”||CBIC|
|Assistant Enforcement Officer||Group “B”||Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue|
|Sub Inspector||Group “B”||Central Bureau of Investigation|
|Inspector||Group “B”||Central Bureau of Narcotics|
|Junior Statistical Officer||Group “B”||M/o Statistics & Programme Implementation|
|Statistical Investigator Grade-II||Group “B”||Registrar General of India|
|Auditor||Group “C”||Offices under C&AG, CGDA|
|Accountant/ Junior Accountant||Group “C”||Other Ministry/ Departments|
|Senior Secretariat Assistant/ Upper Division Clerks||Group “C”||Central Govt. Offices/ Ministries other than CSCS cadres|
|Tax Assistant||Group “C”||CBDT/ CBIC|
|Upper Division Clerks||Group “C”||Government Departments|
Candidates willing to apply for any posts given above must keep abreast with the following pointers before starting with their preparation.
- Release of the notification- The Commission releases the notification of CGL exam on the official website. The notification gives the details regarding the recruitment details i.e. the number of vacancies, eligibility, exam dates, online application, syllabus etc.
- Exam eligibility: Aspirants must go through the eligibility conditions before filling up the application form. It is important for each one willing to apply for the CGL exam to meet the age limit, education, nationality and other conditions mentioned in the examination notice.
- Application process – To appear for CGL examination it is mandatory to proceed as per the laid procedures. Candidates first have to register themselves and fill the online application form to move further with the exam process. The details regarding the exam fees to be paid by different categories is mentioned in the official notice.
- Exam Pattern – It is of utmost importance for candidates willing to appear for the CGL exam to keep up to date with the latest exam pattern. Detailed knowledge of the pattern helps to lead the preparation accordingly.
- Syllabus – not the exam pattern, knowing the syllabus is also very essential. The syllabus of the exam on tips helps to strategize the preparation. Apart from the detailed topic wise syllabus mentioned in the notification, Previous years question papers are also helpful to get an idea of the scope of questions.
Aspirants who wish to appear for various CGL posts must go through these details carefully before hopping directly on the application for the SSC CGL exam. Important aspects related to admit card, result and cut off must also be considered before starting off with the preparation of CGL examination.
Since the tier I result is released, candidates can take a look at the SSC CGL Cut Off released along with the result to get an estimation of minimum marks required in the next recruitment.